We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
You are an experienced, hands-on developer who has shipped medium to large-scale applications. You will be a forward thinker who can balance day-to-day pragmatism with an eye for future growth of our platform.
As a software developer with TELUS Digital, you will be responsible for crafting, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
● Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices.
● Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind.
● Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies.
● Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed.
● The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions.
● Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers.
● Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary.
● Document APIs and Components for other Developers.
● Incorporate Accessibility as part of development process.
● Knowledge about database management and architecture.
● Understand what technologies other teams are using.
● Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions.
● Identify problem areas in code & solutions.
● Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team.
● Shown experience in backend and API development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis).
● Proficient in React and Redux.
● Strong experience with client-side testing (we use Jest).
● Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec).
● Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming).
● Ability to mentor other junior developers.
● Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
● Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
● Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem
Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.